Saturday, September 20, 2014

News from Japan and design site. Sistership.

It's been a while since our last post so it's time for a little update.  We're still in Japan, about halfway through our stay  here, dreaming about our girl and the work left to get her in the drink.  Still, a lot is happening. First, JP, our faithful welder got bitten hard enough that he bought a boat this spring;  A gorgeous C&C 33.  Probably thought to himself after seeing our project: How much trouble can I really get into? Congrats JP!
Then the design site is updated, as well as a Facebook page.  We're getting ready to have a change of career so we're slowly placing our pawns.  Here's our latest design, a 44ft cruising catamaran:
That's 280 hours of work right there...

On a different note, I've got an interesting email this week from Mark, who's got a sistership to ours, named Ladybug, on Lake Erie.  He kindly gave me permission to show her up here.
Isn't she pretty?
I just love how businesslike these steel boats are.  Rather funny is that when he sent me this picture, I immediately recognized her.  Before we found OneLove, and while actively searching for a Super Disko, various outdated links for a white 1993 model kept popping up and so I had studied her quite intently and was not a little sorry to have missed the chance by a mere few years.  Anyway, here she is... small world.  Which leads me to invite other Super Disko owners in particular, and Caroff owners in general, to write and make contact (I can easily be reached through the design website).

No comments:

Post a Comment